Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's On Like Donkey Kong

After spending most of today listening to CSPAN while they covered the debate in the House of Representatives over the Republicans Cut, Cap and Balance bill I must say I couldn't agree with Rep West more.
From: Z112 West, Allen
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 04:48 PM
To: Wasserman Schultz, Debbie
Cc: McCarthy, Kevin; Blyth, Jonathan; Pelosi, Nancy; Cantor, Eric
Subject: Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman-Schultz

Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

Steadfast and Loyal

Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)
I am doing some mindnumbing work this week so I am allowed to work from home, which is giving me the opportunity to catch some of the goings-on from our distinguished congress critters. Today the Congressional Black Caucus spent the morning taking to the floor of the house and bemoaning the various photo ID requirement laws that the states are passing in regards to preventing voter fraud, which of course to them is equivalent of Jim Crow laws. After the first half dozen of them got up all saying the same thing it simply became a carnival sideshow act. I wonder how many of those folks in that stampede for Section 8 housing applications in Dallas last week had photo ID? Didn't seem to disenfranchise any of them.

Anyway, the day in a nutshell was the Republicans pointing out the various things the proposed legislation actually contained while the Democrats were sounding warning bells about granny getting thrown out of burning buildings along with her cat food supper by representatives of big oil who were trying to catch their flight out of town on their corporate jet. Or something like that.

It really gets old when the Dems get on their talking points and just won't budge, even when they can't manage to read them off of the note cards prepared for them. There was even one congress critter from California that I had trouble understanding since her command of the English language was almost nonexistent. I am going to assume she gives all her campaign speeches in Spanish.

Anyway, kudos to Rep. West for laying a smack down on ol' DWS; the only question left is which victim card shield is she going to hide behind.

2 comments:

roux said...

I love this guy

Toejam said...

She can't play the race card. That'd bounce big time.....

BUT,

She could go the misogynist route or if she really gets desperate she could call him a "Jew-Baiter"!